Khus - Vetiver
This is very useful and medicinal used plant, it is also used as a ground covers.
Vetiveria zizanioides, also known as khas khas, khas or khus grass, is native to India.
The roots are particularly valuable, not just for the essential oil that can be extracted from them but also because they can be used to construct dwellings and to make blinds and screens as well as handbags and fans.
Uses & Benefits of Khus Khus
- The fragrant essential oil obtained from the plant root is quite famous throughout the world. It is used in high-end perfumes, for its fixative properties.
- The mats made from khus khus plant are hung in the house, to cool rooms during summer. Moreover, they even add a pleasant aroma in the house, when sprinkled with water occasionally.
- The herb is tied in a muslin cloth and added to the earthen pots filled with water, to lend its distinctive flavor and aroma to it.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects that provide relief from inflammations in circulatory system and nervous system.
- Khus khus is used to create a tonic bath, which is the reason why it is often included in high quality soaps. In addition, it finds an application in combat lice as well.
- It is a boon for individuals suffering from rheumatism, arthritis, gout, muscular aches, dryness and cracking of skin etc.
- The oil obtained from khus khus has sedative effect and aids in the treatment of emotional outbursts, such as anger, anxiety, epileptic and hysteric attacks, restlessness, nervousness, etc.