Photo May Slightly Different From Actual Item in Terms of Color Due to the Lighting During Photo Shooting or the Monitor's Display.
Coffee plants – Coffea arabica, it’s been a trading commodity for centuries and grown in Europe since the 1700’s.
Glossy, dark green, 4-5 inch leaves, dress this upright grower.
With good care and a mature plant, small clusters of tiny white flowers develop at the leaf joints of new growth.
As an extra plus, the tiny flowers produce a sweet jasmine like fragrance.
How To Grow Coffee
- To grow and harvest your own coffee, you would need to have a lot of beans for a good cup of “arabica.”
- After the beans have dried, they would need to be roasted and ground before brewing.
- Growing your own fresh brew will take some time as plants need to be 4 to 5 years old before they begin to bear fruit.
Pest and Problems
- Coffee plants are very robust houseplants, most problems are usually due to cultural errors.
- Green leaves dropping off – This condition occurs when plants are kept too dark. MOve to a brighter location, but not in direct sunlight.
- Brown, dead leaf edges –
- This often happens when plants are often placed in to too much sun. Look for a spot with more shade. If the leaves are completely brown, cut them off.
- Dried out and withering leaves – Check the temperatures… usually they are too high. Move to a cooler location and keep an eye on watering. During spring and summer keep the plant evenly moist.
- Leaves lose their glossy look – Usually an indication of too much direct sunlight. Move to a shadier location… an east facing window is good.
- Mildew – Show its face by causing fluffy gray or white deposits on the leaves.
- Fungus infections can usually be controlled by reducing water, but do not allow the plant dry out. Major outbreaks require a fungicide spray like captan sprayings two times 8 days apart.
- Scale – Usually hides under the leaves. Minor attacks can be handled with alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Live plant along with plastic pot
- plants height with pot is 1 feet and pot size is 5 icnhes diameter.
- plants nature is outdoor, grows like tree, less watering
- Starts fruiting in 2 years, Grown from seeds/cutting/layering
- Best fruit plant, easy maintenance, fast growing