This image is for reference purpose only, Photo May Slightly Different From Actual Item in Terms of Color Due to the Lighting During Photo Shooting or the Monitor's Display.
Diospyros Blancoi is a medium-sized tree growing to a height of 20 meters. Leaves are leathery, oblong, up to 20 centimeters long, with a round base and acute tip. The blade is glossy green, smooth above and softly hairy below. Female flowers are axillary and solitary, larger than the male. Fruits are fleshy, globose, up to 8-10 centimeters in diameter, densely covered with short brown hairs. The pulp is edible. The fruit hairs have to be rubbed off before eating as it can cause peri-oral itching and irritation.
In forests, at low and medium altitudes.
A shade tree, it is planted along roads and parks.
• Ethyl acetate extract of air-dried leaves yielded (1) isoarborinol methyl ether, (2) a mixture of a-amyrin palmitate, a-amyrin palmitoleate, ß-amyrin palmitate and ß-amyrin palmitoleate and squalene.
• Yields triterpenes.
• Leaf extract yielded alkaloids, reducing sugar, gum, flavonoids, and tannins.
• Fruit is high in tannin
• Considered astringent, antidiarrheal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial.
Roots and leaves.
Edibility / Nutrition
Fruit is edible, the tannin content declining as it ripens.
A good source of vitamins A, C, and minerals.
- Live plant along with plastic pot
- plants height with pot is 1 feet and pot size is 5 icnhes diameter.
- plants nature is outdoor, grows like tree, less watering
- Starts fruiting in 2 years, Grown from seeds/cutting/layering
- Best fruit plant, easy maintenance, fast growing