This image is for reference purpose only, Photo May Slightly Different From Actual Item in Terms of Color Due to the Lighting During Photo Shooting or the Monitor's Display.
Coffee plants – Coffea arabica, it’s been a trading commodity for centuries and grown in Europe since the 1700’s.
Glossy, dark green, 4-5 inch leaves, dress this upright grower.
With good care and a mature plant, small clusters of tiny white flowers develop at the leaf joints of new growth.
As an extra plus, the tiny flowers produce a sweet jasmine like fragrance.
How To Grow Coffee
- To grow and harvest your own coffee, you would need to have a lot of beans for a good cup of “arabica.”
- After the beans have dried, they would need to be roasted and ground before brewing.
- Growing your own fresh brew will take some time as plants need to be 4 to 5 years old before they begin to bear fruit.
Pest and Problems
- Coffee plants are very robust houseplants, most problems are usually due to cultural errors.
- Green leaves dropping off – This condition occurs when plants are kept too dark. MOve to a brighter location, but not in direct sunlight.
- Brown, dead leaf edges –
- This often happens when plants are often placed in to too much sun. Look for a spot with more shade. If the leaves are completely brown, cut them off.
- Dried out and withering leaves – Check the temperatures… usually they are too high. Move to a cooler location and keep an eye on watering. During spring and summer keep the plant evenly moist.
- Leaves lose their glossy look – Usually an indication of too much direct sunlight. Move to a shadier location… an east facing window is good.
- Mildew – Show its face by causing fluffy gray or white deposits on the leaves.
- Fungus infections can usually be controlled by reducing water, but do not allow the plant dry out. Major outbreaks require a fungicide spray like captan sprayings two times 8 days apart.
- Scale – Usually hides under the leaves. Minor attacks can be handled with alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Live plant along with plastic pot
- plants height with pot is 1 feet and pot size is 5 icnhes diameter.
- plants nature is outdoor, grows like tree, less watering
- Starts fruiting in 2 years, Grown from seeds/cutting/layering
- Best fruit plant, easy maintenance, fast growing