Click Image for Zoom
This image is for reference purpose only, Photo May Slightly Different From Actual Item in Terms of Color Due to the Lighting During Photo Shooting or the Monitor's Display.
It is a clumping bamboo that grows to a mature height of 100 feet and width of 1 foot within two months. It is fairly easy to grow, as long as it is properly sited and its growing requirements are met.
- Select a roomy planting location that receives a minimum of four hours of direct sunlight each day where the bamboo can grow to its mature size. Do not plant it in heavy clay soil or soil that does not drain quickly. Light sandy or sandy loam soil is preferred.
- Amend the soil with a 3- to 6-inch layer of well-aged manure, compost or sphagnum peat moss. Use a shovel or tiller to mix the amendments into the soil thoroughly to a depth of 1 foot.
- Plant the giant timber bamboo at the same depth it was previously growing. Dig the hole with a shovel to a width equal to twice the depth. Plant multiple plants at least 2 to 3 feet apart to allow for their mature width. Do not allow the roots to dry out before planting. Water the bamboo generously to settle the soil around the roots and give it a good drink. Add more soil over the roots if it settles below the surrounding soil level.
- Spread a 3- to 4-inch-deep layer of dead leaves, dried grass clippings or shredded bark mulch over the soil around the giant timber bamboo. Water it as often as necessary to maintain uniformly moist soil around the roots for the first year. Do not over-water. The soil should be moist, not muddy.
- Give the giant timber bamboo a complete, balanced fertilizer with a ratio of 10-10-10 or 5-5-5 that also contains micronutrients four to six times each year. A slow-release, water-soluble or foliar fertilizer may be used. Do not apply fertilizer until after new, vigorous growth begins. Water the bamboo occasionally after the first year during the dry season. It is fairly drought tolerant after it becomes well established.
- Live plant along with plastic pot
- plants height with pot is 1 feet and pot size is 5 icnhes diameter.
- plants nature is outdoor and love direct sun light.
- Required watering once in a day
- It can be grown successfully in lowlands on rich loam or alluvial soils, where humidity is high.