Photo May Slightly Different From Actual Item in Terms of Color Due to the Lighting During Photo Shooting or the Monitor's Display.
Anjeer - Fig Plant
Mother Nature’s greatest gifts to Mankind are naturally healthy Fruits bestowing never-ending benefits for a healthy body and mind. Fruits make an important part of a healthy diet and become the best and the tastiest way to be healthy. They provide the body with all the required nutrients and their high fiber content makes them our body’s best friends. They are natural medicines to fight against or reduce the chances of many diseases. One such delightfully wonderful little known fruit with lot of healthy compounds is none other than the fig or anjeer.
Popularly known as Ficus carica in botanical terms figs belong to the plant family of Moraceae, related to the banyan tree. Native to Asia and parts of the Mediterranean region like Greece and Afghanistan Figs grow nearly in all tropical and sub tropical countries. A nutrient rich fruit, which can be consumed in fresh or dried from, figs bear their similarity to the pears in shape with a smooth skin texture in colours like yellow to green, copper, black or purple having red, pink or amber flesh containing small crunchy golden colour seeds. Although considered a fruit, it is actually an inverted flower and its seeds are the real fruit. It is a nutrient rich fruit, which can be consumed in fresh or dried form.
Bark, leaves, fruit
Medicinal Benefits of Anjeer (Figs)
Figs or Anjeer are rich in Vitamin B Complex (B Vitamins) and help metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
- Rich in fibre regular consumption of figs enhances digestive health and treats common digestive disorders such as irregular bowel syndrome and constipation.
- The high mucilage content in anjeer helps to heal and protect sore throats.
- Figs are an excellent source of iron and copper required for production of healthy red cells and transporting oxygen to the tissues in the body. Lack of iron in the body makes a person weak exhausted prone to infection.
- Containing loads of vitamins, fibre and essential minerals, figs help boost immune function, protecting against risk of diseases and infection.
- Being a rich source of calcium, figs promote strong and healthy bones improving bone density. Due to the presence of potassium, there is considerable reduction in bone thinning due to loss of calcium in urine.
- Since calcium content in fig plays an important part in strengthening the bones besides maintaining normal bone density, they prevent the development of bone related disorders like osteoporosis in old age.
- Figs contain potassium, a mineral that is vital for regulating Blood Pressure as Potassium helps maintain fluid balance in the body reducing the effects of sodium.
- Besides regulating Blood Pressure levels potassium content in figs are useful in controlling blood sugar levels too.
- Fig works in preventing the oxidation of fatty acids. Thereby it helps suppress the generation of reactive oxygen species, and helps prevent atherosclerosis.
- Figs contain a soluble fibre known as Pectin that goes through the digestive system, absorbs cholesterol and eliminate them out of body.
- Figs contain phenol, Omega-3 and Omega-6 that are fatty acids highly effective in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- The presence of fibre helps eliminate cancer-causing carcinogen substances thus preventing the risk of cancer.
- Figs contain Folate, which combat with heavy menstruation and proves highly beneficial for pregnant and lactating women.
- The presence of vitamin A, in figs is beneficial for good skin
- Figs contains high phenol antioxidants, which prevent the damages of the cells caused by free radicals
- Figs are good for eyesight. They are excellent sources of vitamin A, which prevents deterioration of eyesight such as age related macular degeneration
- Figs traditionally used to reduce sexual weakness and improve sex drive.
- In addition to enhancing one’s sexual drive, regular use of figs prevent muscular deterioration.
- Figs are excellent source of dietary fibres. These fibres are good for reducing body weight and are often recommended for weight loss program.
Anjeer Plant - Indian Fig Plant, Common Fig, Anjir
- Live plant along with plastic pot
- plants height with pot is 1 feet and pot size is 5 icnhes diameter.
- plants nature is outdoor, grows like tree, less watering
- Starts fruiting in 2 years, Grown from seeds/cutting/layering
- Best fruit plant, easy maintenance, fast growing