- Product Code: pg-flowering-plants-amaryllis-lily
- Availability: 46
Offer: Winter Sale is On! Get 40% Off on Seeds and Bulbs. Use Coupon Code: "WSALE40"
- Ex Tax: Rs 279.00
Amaryllis is a monotypic (consisting of only one species) genus of flowering plants containing the Belladonna Lily, popularly known as the Amaryllis belladonna lily. Amaryllis is a native of South and Central America and the Caribbean. The Hippeastrum genus of flowering bulbed plants is erroneously named as the Amaryllis orChristmas Amaryllis.
- Amaryllis is a perennial flowering plant.
- Amaryllis bulbs are 3-11 cm in diameter, and produce 3-7 long-lasting leaves of 10-60 cm long and 1-5 cm broad.
- Amaryllis has narrow, flat leaves and with lily-like flowers borne on separate, leafless stalks.
- Amaryllises are widely distributed throughout the world, especially in the flatlands of the tropics and subtropics.
- The Amaryllis hybrids are known as Hippeastrum.
Facts about Amaryllis:-